Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Fun with Paper, Ribbon and Stamps

Yes, it’s blog hop time again!  What's this?  Three weeks in a row?  We've had so much fun collaborating with some great companies, and this week is no exception!  This time three terrific companies are partnering to bring you some of the hottest and most exciting projects you’ll see! At Stampendous we’re lucky enough to be partnering with the folks at May Arts Ribbon and with the lovely people who bring you Core’dinations papers and the new David Tutera line of creative papers and embellishments.
AND there will be prizes! Here on the Stampendous Impressions Blog we’ll be giving away three prize packages including the Cling Jumbo Butterfly Trio (WITH Free Template included), A Jumbo Perfectly Clear Handle, a random assortment of the David Tutera products,  some Core’dinations goodies (again random), a Sand-It tool to make the most of your ColorCore paper, and some yummalicious May Arts Ribbons (random assortment). You will want to be commenting on every post this week, let me tell you!

The project I'm sharing today doesn't include any stamping, but I have used the spectacular Stampendous Oceanic Tinsel Embossing Powder.  The embossing powder was strategically placed on the card base so that when I adhered the "Thank You" die cut by David Tutera, the fantastic embossed area would highlight the die cutting.  A simple bow with my favorite May Arts Bakers Twine and a narrow strip of Core'dinations Jillian Spotted Cardstock that I gave a light sanding with my Sand It Gadget, were the perfect finishing touches on this card.


I had originally planned on stamping on this card, but as it was coming together, I changed my mind. The die cut said it all and the sparkle from this beautiful embossing powder was perfect!  Come back on Friday and I'll have a stamped card that I can't wait to share with you!

Folks from all three teams have projects for you today! Leave a comment on each blog for the best chance at winning. PLUS... visit our Facebook page and SHARE on your Timeline one of this week's posts about this Blog Hop. We'll choose 4 random winners this week from the "sharers" - 2 will get to choose ANY roll of May Arts ribbon and two will get tag packs from Core'dinations. (this is beyond the regular prizes already mentioned!). But you HAVE to SHARE a post on your timeline. So visit our facebook PAGE - click the word Share underneath one of our posts, and choose "Share on your Timeline" to enter. Here's who is hopping today:

Asia King

Cyndi Bundy

Krissy Fossmeyer  (you are here!)

Lea Kimmel

Gini Williams Cagle

Jen Shears

Jenifer Cowles

Clare Buswell

Ellen Sosnoski

Ava Gavloski

Ok, friends, I'm outta here!  Be sure to come back on Friday for our big Blog Hop!  You won't want to miss it!  I can hardly wait to show you the card I've created! 

Have a great day!  Take time to get inky today!

42 comments:

Diane said...

I love how you left it as it is...perfect!!

Ava Gavloski said...

wow, very striking card, thanks for showcasing the core so well on this card

dstandard said...

Beautiful clean card - love this!

barbara macaskill said...

Simple often says more than technical! Love those colors together and the twine and tinsel embossing powder add the finishing touch! TFS!

Katie said...

Simply sweet card!
Kate
Core'dinations DT

ellen s. said...

Says it all to me. Beautiful!

Barbara said...

This is lovely just the way it is. It's simply elegant.

Iris said...

Love the clean, crisp look of your card.

Mare said...

Beautiful card! It definitely didn't need a stamp.

sharon g said...

The black, red and kraft look great together. I also love the polka dots!!

Carol said...

WOnderful idea for using the embossing powder, thanks for sharing.

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Krista said...

Love your beautiful card and the simplicity of your creation is just delightful!

Yolanda said...

I love this card.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful. Love the red embossed strip down the side. TFS

batgirl said...

Simple yet effective...love it.

Kailash said...

A gorgeous design with the die cut, beautiful effect!!

Sue D said...

FAntastic--I like how you used the embossing powder.

StampendousGraphics said...

So fun that your card is similar to Cyndi's but they're still so different. Great job, Krissy! I wish there were stamps, but it's so pretty the way you've done it. Thanks for playing with us this week!

Jan Garber said...

That die cut is so pretty! Elegant, yet simple card! Love it!

Judy said...

Such a elegant but simple card. Thanks for showing us you don't have to add lots of steps to make an amazing card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

What an awesome card. And, looks fantastic!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!

Janis said...

Really love how you tied the twine around the cloud. I would never have thought of doing that!!!

Kristine Reynolds said...

This is a perfect card for Mass production! TFS!

Michele I said...

nice card, how did you do that cut on the card?

Alexia Misso said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing!

Scrappin' Diva said...

Great CAS card! TFS!

Robin B. said...

Great card, love the sanded cardstock and the embossing.

craftymom205 said...

Love the card.

craftymom205 a yahoo dot com

Jan said...

Great card! love the colors
Jan

Katina said...

"Simply" stunning little card!

Jean Bullock said...

Clean and simple. I love it. I especially like the embossed and sanded strip on the side. Well done!

Rosemary I said...

nice colors and the embossing is great can't wait till friday to see your next card.

TracyM #6773 said...

Fabulous card Krissy - love how your embossing makes the die cut sentiment pop, it's a beautiful colour with the Kraft, embossed strip & twine!!!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVING your FUN and Creative Creation!! Beautiful Design!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing the Inspiration and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Steph Ackerman said...

Fabulous card.

Ravengirl said...

Love the beautiful clean and simple card!

Unknown said...

Thank YOU for sharing such a sweet and simple but effective card! Embossing powder works wonders!

Amy Martin said...

Wonderful card. Great job with being clean and simple. Sometimes that is the hardest. You did wonderful.

Unknown said...

I just love cut outs on a card, too elegant but still afraid to try it myself. Working up the nerve :P

Unknown said...

I just love the cut outs on a card but have been afraid to give it a try. Glad you cut instead of stamping, I am going to give it a whirl too :p

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

this is a stunning design!