Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Agapanthus Sympathy



Sympathy cards are never easy to make.  Especially if you have to make them with a heavy heart.  I try to have a few sympathy cards on hand, so when I need one I don't have to stamp through tears.  

This card is an easy one to make and is a great one to mass produce.  It goes together really quickly and before you know it, you have a few cards for your stash.  First I masked off the top and bottom of the white panel with large Post-it Notes and then lightly sponged on Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky.  Once I removed the masks, I stamped the Agapanthus Long flower image and the sentiment from the Encouraging Words clear stamp set.  A simple black mat frames the panel before it's mounted on a blue card base.  


When you are mass-producing these, you could leave off the sentiment and wait until it's time to send this card to stamp the greeting.  This card could be used for a variety of occasions, and if the card was basically done, all you would have to do was stamp the appropriate greeting and pop it in an envelope.  Easy peasy, as my boys say.

All of the supplies used to make this card are available at Michaels.  If you haven't been to Michaels lately, you really should check it out.  I was in my local Michaels last week and was surprised to see all of the new paper crafting supplies.  Including all of the new, wonderful Stampendous products!  How fun!  I spent so much time looking at everything, I'm sure the manager thought I was getting ready to move in!

Hope all is well with you and that you'll take time to get inky today!

No comments: